2019: CAMERACLIX IS FULLY RETIRED
- I am an early-retired professional photographer, who now teaches for my own pleasure, not fees.
- 20yrs experience creating client photography & teaching.
- Main Client work: Commercial Advertising, Actor Headshots, Corporate Portraits, Lifestyle, Industrial, Manufacturing, Trade Magazines, Editorial, Front Covers, Beauty & Boudoir
- Trained Oxford, UK with Keith Barnes (Commercial Photographer), Norman McBeath (Photographer to HRH The Queen Mother) 1995-1998.
- Educated in classical photography, starting with wet processing (before digital)
- Attended City & Guilds Advanced Photography.
- Fine Art Pictures ranked in the top 10% of photographs globally. (Pixoto)
- First professional pictures were sold and published across the UK press for a five-figure sum.
- Qualified as a Business Mentor, via IOEE program
- Fully retired from all commercial activities 2019.
John Lyons' Clients : Some Words of Praise
"Over the years I have had numerous photographs taken all over the UK. But I have to say working with John Lyons at Camerclix Photography has to be one of my favourite experiences. He makes the whole time very enjoyable, relaxing and a lot of fun! He knows the best poses and angles to flatter each individual, which is rare, and works with you to get the best possible photos! I would definitely recommend Camerclix Photography and will go back myself next time I need new headshots. Even though I live in London, his photographs are worth the travel!"
- Grace Francis (Actress, Harry Potter Films)
"John Lyons, has tutored me for the past two weeks and I feel I should make a comment on the help and advice he has shown me. He has looked at photographs I have taken and given his expert advice, he has shown great patience and understanding and is helping me to progress in my photography. I have no doubt in recommending him as a tutor within this field."
- Graham W. (Photo Student, Blackburn)
"I went along, for the first time, to the photography session on post production which I rely heavily on but quickly came to realise that a good well composed, cleverly lit photograph should require very little of this. John clearly knows his stuff and is eager in generously passing on his professional skills and knowledge to the amateur, conscientiously ensuring you fully grasp the topic he is teaching. The 2 hour lesson was very informative, in a comfortable venue with a friendly group of people and in a stunning part of Lancashire that I've rarely visited (but now endeavour to explore, with camera in hand!). I look forward to John's next session, becoming a better photographer, particularly thinking more about lighting and relying less on post processing."
- Michelina G. (Photo Student, Blackpool)
"When I got my pics done I felt really scared but once John started taking the pictures he made me feel at ease and I enjoyed the photo shoot. I would recommend John Lyons of Cameraclix, to any and every one."
- Vicky P. (GirlzART Client, York)